Dealing with large ISP Mailers

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 20:20:40 CET 2007

On 2/23/07, Gerard Seibert <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:
> Maybe I am misunderstanding you; however, you did mention
> 'white-listing'. You would need to insure that Postfix does not block
> your intended audience to insure that it does in fact reach MailScanner.
> Of course, if you are not blocking at the MTA, that is not really a
> concern. Personally, I block the obvious, such as 'open relays' before
> they even get in the door.

Sorry Gerard, My mistake. Yes, I'm talking about whitelisting. But
really, to put it into simple terms, I don't want MailScanner to
automatically flag certain things (RBL failure being the case in
point) to flat 'definitely is spam' for things that I can put on a
whitelist.  My main concern is this made up example of someone like an
Avon salesperson using their AOL account to send special offer mail to
everyone on their ditribution list. Of course it's spam to me based on
my content rules (such as talking about offers, low price, limited
time, etc.) but because I have to whitelist AOL to get the legit mail
past the RBL blocks, I don't want this particular mail to get a free
pass.

Hopefully that's more clear. Sorry, it's Friday and I've only had one
cup of coffee.