Dealing with large ISP Mailers

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Fri Feb 23 20:07:33 CET 2007

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:51:57 -0500
"am.lists" <am.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, Gerard, I'm not wanting Postfix to block it at the MTA, I'm
> more interested in having MailScanner's ability to weigh/score the
> given RBL rather than just having Postfix deny it at the door, so to
> speak.
>
> But thanks for the references, I'll read up on those.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you; however, you did mention
'white-listing'. You would need to insure that Postfix does not block
your intended audience to insure that it does in fact reach MailScanner.
Of course, if you are not blocking at the MTA, that is not really a
concern. Personally, I block the obvious, such as 'open relays' before
they even get in the door.

--
Gerard