Fixing Bayes

Billy A. Pumphrey bpumphrey at woodmclaw.com
Fri Feb 23 17:52:20 CET 2007

I spent quite a bit of time searching the archives; there is a ton of
stuff there.  I know the answer is there but I am just terrible at
searching I guess.  Please entertain my basic question.

My bayes is causing a lot of false positives.  I am guessing that I need
to rebuild my bayes database.  I do have:
Rebuild Bayes Every = 432000
Wait During Bayes Rebuild = yes (was no until about 15 minutes ago when
I found on the archive searching that this should be yes)

Here is what I did, let me know if this is what I needed to do.  I got
the starter database from http://www.fsl.com/support.html and placed
those files in /etc/MailScanner/bayes.

Is that all that I need to do?

Thank you