How to instruct spamassassin

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 15:39:08 CET 2007

On 2/23/07, Marcello Anderlini <m.anderlini at database.it> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The first time I've installed spamassassin I've found instructions about
> teach spamassassin what is spam for me sending email to a particolar
> account. Now I cannot found the script and this instructions.
>
> Someone could help me ?

Teaching spamassassin helps it become smarter about knowing what is
spam (bad) and what is ham (looks like spam but really isn't).

The command is sa-learn. If you run  man sa-learn it will show you the
instructions on how this works, but you should read up on how to load
up what's known as a corpus.  (google for sa-learn and corpus) Use a
corpus of your own spam for the best results. My spam doesnt' look
like your spam, so training your spam filter with my spam will be very
ineffective.

More here:

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/doc/sa-learn.html

Regards.