Dealing with large ISP Mailers

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 15:35:38 CET 2007

As much as I would rather be draconian about this and say "tough,
that's how it's designed", my users won't let this go on this way, so
I need to fix it.

Mail from one of the AOL mx servers gets caught in one of the RBLs.

One of my users got the "we have detected UCE... click here to release
the message" and they did, and they even logged in and whitelisted the
sender.

But another message came in later, and was still held up because of the RBL.

Specifically, the IP is listed in TQM-SPAMTRAP and SORBS-SPAM.

Is there a way that I can whitelist the AOL MX at the RBL level but
continue to run rules against it to properly score it otherwise? In
other words, I don't want to get a 123 friend greeting.exe or
something like that from an AOL user just because I had to w/l their
relay server.