BAYES issues

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Feb 22 21:07:45 CET 2007

Jay Chandler spake the following on 2/22/2007 11:55 AM:
> Anthony Peacock wrote:
>>
>> Where do you change the settings?  Be specific file name and directory.
>>

> Got it sorted out-- the scores are apparently assigned in
> /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001007/updates_spamassassin_org/50_scores.cf
>
> My question now becomes, say I've assigned the URIBL_BLACK a score of 6
> instead of its default of 3.  What's to keep this from being overwritten
> by sa-update?

You need to add score changes to the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file, not make
changes to any of spamassassin's managed files.

Add something like this;
score URIBL_BLACK 6.0
or
score URIBL_BLACK 0 6.0 0 6.0
if you want to have different scores based on the net/no-net bayes/nobayes tests

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and