New Mail::ClamAV Version

James Fagan jfagan at firstlightnetworks.com
Thu Feb 22 20:05:19 CET 2007

> >> I also compiled with default options and --disable-zlib-vcheck on
> >> RHEL 4.
> >>
> >> Denis
>
> Just asking, but... is it ok to download/compile/install the latest
zlib
> from zlib.net? I know most bugfixes have been backported to whatever
> version of zlib ships with RHEL4 and its clones, but I'd like to know
if
> there's anything I should look out for.

I have done this before. From what I recall, there were no problems. I
forgot why the zlib package reports some version error, but I think it
was a mistake. Try on a test server to yum remove zlib, then build from
source. The only thing is this will be a package that you will have to
update manualy in case of security/enhancements/changes.