Setting up test server

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Thu Feb 22 14:40:57 CET 2007

On Wed, February 21, 2007 22:36, Lance Haig wrote:
>>> I think it is my explanation of what I want to achieve :-)
>>>
>>> My MS servers act as a gateway for my mail going to another server
>>> that is not running any opensource mail system.
>>> I want to duplicate the mail going through the gateways and deliver
>>> it to the new test server which runs the bongo server and its
>>> agents(MTA webaccess calendar etc)
>>>
>>> The reason for this is to change the front end to add extra features
>>> that it currently does not have and also integrate it with my portal
>>> system.

Ok, how do you currently reject unknown recipients at the gateway (You do
this don't you?!)? What about converting this to a virual alias table and
adding an additional line for the bongo box?

e.g.

some.user at domain some.user at current.box some.user at bongo.box

Make sure you have DNS or transport maps to the two boxes so Postfix knows
how to get to them. Depending on what the commercial box is running, that
could work.

>>> Thanks for taking the time to answer this

No worries

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ