New Mail::ClamAV Version

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Tue Feb 20 22:21:54 CET 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Scott Silva wrote:

> Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:45:23 -0800
> From: Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>
> To: mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
> Subject: Re: New Mail::ClamAV Version
>
> Holger Nöfer spake the following on 2/20/2007 11:04 AM:
>> Hi,
>>
>> there is a new Mail::ClamAV Version.
>>
>> http://search.cpan.org/~sabeck/Mail-ClamAV-0.20/
>>
>> It seems to compile with ClamAV 0.90.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Holger
>>
> Is there still an issue with the clamav-autoupdate script?
> I don't remember seeing any resolution yet.

Doh!  I just found the reason for my original posting of the
"update does not work" message.  I copied over the 0.90 freshclam.conf
file to my clam config space, edited it, but forgot to comment
out the "Example" line near the top.  It didn't work until I
did that.  Now my updating for 0.90 works.

Now to try the clamavmodule instead of the plain clamav call
in MailScanner.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College