LookOUT 2007

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Feb 20 00:12:30 CET 2007

Glenn Steen spake the following on 2/19/2007 1:19 PM:
> On 19/02/07, Gerard Seibert <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:33:40 -0800
> (snip)
>> bad grammar are now or former AOL'ers or Googlers. They just cannot
> Please define "Googlers". I'm sure I don't quite get this term. AOL
> users, shortened (IMO wrongly) to AOL'ers, sure... But "Googlers"?
> Perhaps it's something I miss as being non-native to the English
> languge?
>
>> grok normal grammar and spelling skills. It has got to make you proud
>> of our great learning institutions.
> I'm sure that "grok" is part and parcel of any modern dictionary too
> (feel free to find me some nice reference;-).
>
> Cheers
Glenn,
I would have to say that you are more capable and articulate in English than
many of the people I went to school here with!
I wish I could be so with a second language. Other than the small amount of
Portuguese I picked up as a child, I am monolingual.
I am only slightly functional in understanding Spanish also, but can not speak
any.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and