LookOUT 2007

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Feb 19 21:01:40 CET 2007

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:33:40 -0800
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:

[snip]

> What has done the most to damage communication is the inane use of
> contractions in cell-phone sms messaging, and those users moving that
> to regular use everywhere. Is it so hard to send messages WITH the
> vowels intact?

You are taking the position that those violators of the English or
whatever language you are referring to, have the capacity to properly
spell a word to begin with. I would never make such an assumption
myself, considering that a large percentage of those perpetuators of
bad grammar are now or former AOL'ers or Googlers. They just cannot
grok normal grammar and spelling skills. It has got to make you proud
of our great learning institutions.

--
Gerard