problems with 0.90 clamav update?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Sat Feb 17 15:40:01 CET 2007

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

> Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:29:39 +0100 (CET)
> From: Raymond Dijkxhoorn <raymond at prolocation.net>
> To: MailScanner discussion <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
> Subject: Re: problems with 0.90 clamav update?
>
> Hi!
>
>> I just tried clamav 0.90 with MS 4.58.9, using clamav instead of
>> clamavmodule.  While MailScanner worked fine, the update_virus_scanners
>> script didn't update the cvd files.  I checked my virus.scanners.conf
>> file (ok), hunted around, nothing obvious.  Anybody else seen this?
>
> The update mechanism is changed, doesnt surprise me really i must say.

In what way?  freshclam is still there.  My /etc/clamav/freshclam.conf
file didn't get overwritten by the install of 0.90, so I found the
0.90 version in the source code and diffed the two versions.  No huge
changes.  I put the suitably fixed 0.90 version of freshclam.conf in
place and tried things again -- still no update.   Hmmm.  Back to 0.88.7
for me.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College