OT: RE: LookOUT 2007

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Fri Feb 16 22:55:43 CET 2007

Ken Goods wrote:
> Posting this top and bottom in an attempt to keep everyone happy! ;)
>
> Just got married recently and found out to my horror that my new wife
> likes bottom posting while I, on the other hand, prefer top posting...

One point I can't recall having ever seen in one of these discussions is
the fact that, in my experience, top posters are much more likely to
forward on juicy bits by accident.  It can be very rewarding to read
down to the bottom.  I still remember the e-mail from a client company
which came complete with the entire internal discussion planning how to
weasel out of the contract with us.

And to drag this around slightly closer to on-topic again, despite rants
about how the AOL users destroyed the Internet, I think a fair amount of
top-posting "blame" can be given to Outlook and other MUAs that came
from the LANs and discovered the Internet late.  I distinctly recall
that the very first version of Outlook that I ever was involved in
"connecting" to the Internet made it essentially impossible to bottom post.

--Jon Radel