Mqueue.in huge

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Feb 14 16:12:30 CET 2007

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Res wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Marcello Anderlini wrote:
>
>> I've just upgrade mailscanner but I still have the problem.
>>
>> Let me refresh my configuration
>
> If you use dcc/pyzor/razor, disable them, it was the only way I could keep SA
> under control, I had the same problems as you a year ago, within 10 mins I
> had about a thousand in the batch, once I removed those 3, SA could easily
> keep up despite it having a lot of local rules and all from rules_du_jour.

Just to add something... SA does not do blacklist checks here, thats all
done at the MTA's, I also disable S.A's SPF tests, we do that at MTA
level as well, we also enforce forward and reverse DNS tests, no need to
match, but they must exist, and also block on bad helos, these two tests
alone reduced the noise level by 80% with no noticable legitmite signal
loss and I've been doing that for many years.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie