Mqueue.in huge

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Feb 14 16:06:22 CET 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Marcello Anderlini wrote:

> I've just upgrade mailscanner but I still have the problem.
>
> Let me refresh my configuration

If you use dcc/pyzor/razor, disable them, it was the only way I could keep
SA under control, I had the same problems as you a year ago, within 10
mins I had about a thousand in the batch, once I removed those 3, SA could
easily keep up despite it having a lot of local rules and all from
rules_du_jour.

In your conf I would change the number of processes to 5 unless you have 2
real CPU's, hyperthreaded cpu's show up as two, but must only be counted
as one in MailScanner, also the batch scan time, I'd pop that back to 5.

Its very late here, so I may have missed other things you need to correct,
I'll leave the rest for others to proof read :)

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie