Diskspace on redhat ent 3

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Feb 14 01:18:23 CET 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Glenn Steen wrote:

> It is those times when the complete filesystem goes bonkers on you (be
> that from HW problems like head crashes or whatever) that you start
> regretting the one-for-all strategy. Or if you have a somewhat modern

Standardised OS drive (except bind/sendmail/qmail/apache/sql/some_daemon),
well 2 off in raid 1, then the other 4 drives (or many more if SAN) in
raid 10, works very well, basic redundancy, but excellent speed.

One thing though, if it's an Email server, I'd recommend use reiserfs, it
leaves ext2/ext3 for dead especially in Maildir setups but even mbox has
substantial benefits.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie