Mqueue.in huge

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 17:22:49 CET 2007

On 13/02/07, Marcello Anderlini <m.anderlini at database.it> wrote:
> I make the symlink but the problem seem to be still presents.
> Now my mqueue.in is running about 120/130 msg waiting and is growing. The
> only way to decrease it is to not use spamassassin.
Ok.

> I notice anyway that msg are still marked spam using black-list, I suppose
> directly by Mailscanner and I can delete it if I change
> "Spam Actions = deliver header "X-Spam-Status: Yes"" in Spam Actions =
> delete. Could this be a solution ?
Only a temporary one, IMO. You do want SA to have its say:-).

> But How can I understand where spamassassin is slowing ? Can spamassassin -D
> -t generate a log with timing ?
Like the MailWatch thing? Unfortunately I know of no such thing
(doesn't necessarily mean there is none:-). One could probably just
change the MailWatch thing a bit so that it'd use a message and not
really the --lint thing... Looking at that.... In sa_lint.php around
line 24 you could probably change
if(!$fp = popen(SA_DIR.'spamassassin -x -D -p '.SA_PREFS.' --lint 2>&1','r')) {
to something like
if(!$fp = popen(SA_DIR.'spamassassin -x -D -t
/path/to/your/test/message 2>&1','r')) {
... and then restart apache and your browser. When you the run the "SA
lint" on the Tools page, you should get a timed variant of that ... in
theory, I've not tested this:-). Keep a copy of the original file,
just in case:-):-).

> I'll update mailscanner as soon as possible.

Good plan.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn