LookOUT 2007

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 15:07:57 CET 2007

On 13/02/07, Tim Sailer <sailer at bnl.gov> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 12:11:11AM -0500, Chris Sweeney wrote:
> > Xenix, Unix, Linux, Windows, OS2 Sounds like my OS history :)
>
> Strangely enough, if you have an old copy of SCO Xenix (/86, /286,
> /386, I still have at least the manuals from each somewhere), you'll
> unfortunately find Microsoft's name on the pages. They bought like a
> 20% stake in SCO way back when. MS was hedging their bets way back.
> I wonder if this is why they keep saying that if you are running Linux,
> you owe them money??

Only in a fevered dream ... Linux has virtually nothing in common with
Xenix, and Caldera-turned-SCO based their idiocy on other (almost
equally loose) allegations.  M$ has nothing much to do with that
idiocy though (unless you are into conspiration theories:-).
Ooww, lets not go further in this direction, this thread is shite
enough as it is:-):-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn