LookOUT 2007

Res res at ausics.net
Tue Feb 13 05:54:56 CET 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Gerard wrote:

>> no im talking about like the big muthars in Sandiego SCC :)
>
> I have no idea what yu are referring to

Might have guessed with your original comment, much like the rest of your
comments.

> Actually, quite a few people. Especially those who want to use their PC
> as a virtual entertainment units. Besides, if an individual is going to
> invest in a new PC, they might as well get the latest OS available.

True, this is why we install Fedora 6 on desktops, and slackware on
servers.

> You might want to reinvestigate that 'business' remark. I use to work
> for a consulting firm that routinely replaced PC's for business as soon

Maybe "used to work" is the operative word.

> as the the depreciation value was reached. Once you reach the tax write
> off point, there is not a lot of point in keeping an obsolete unit.

So I should replace my ford, even though theres nothing wrong with it, its
in mint condition, but its 6 years old this year, so we should go buy me
another one? *sigh*

>> Oh, so micro$oft are responsible for the huge servers in my DC ? LOL what
>> a load of rot.

> Again, I do not comprehend what you are trying to convey. By the way, are

I thought as much.

> you an adult or a child?

I think you are on the wrong list,  open your lookout program and select
news server, I'm sure you have lot of your kind on the microflop groups

You remind me of the guy who came and wanted to do some work, a 25yo
all hyped up with his M$ certs, and when I told him they meant nothing to
me he almost went white as a ghost in disbelief, I also added and I
quote "Hell will freeze over before that shit is used in my company"
I really thought he _was_ going to faint :)

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie