LookOUT 2007

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Feb 12 23:40:50 CET 2007

On Monday February 12, 2007 at 05:16:12 (PM) Res wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Gerard Seibert wrote:
>
> > On Monday February 12, 2007 at 04:56:24 (PM) Res wrote:
> >
> >> Yeah, and what will be the requirment in the next version on winblows,
> >> a supercomputer, and thats just for basics :P
> >
> > Are you suggesting that we all go back to using 8086 based PC's?
>
> no im talking about like the big muthars in Sandiego SCC :)

I have no idea what yu are referring to

> > Seriously, Every few years I buy another PC. I then add the older one
>
> Whats the point? many people, especially businesses dont want to do that
>
> you are the type of person Bill Gates has aimed at vista then, he;ll be
> happy :)

Actually, quite a few people. Especially those who want to use their PC
as a virtual entertainment units. Besides, if an individual is going to
invest in a new PC, they might as well get the latest OS available.

You might want to reinvestigate that 'business' remark. I use to work
for a consulting firm that routinely replaced PC's for business as soon
as the the depreciation value was reached. Once you reach the tax write
off point, there is not a lot of point in keeping an obsolete unit.

> > If it weren't for MicroSoft virtually forcing hardware developers to
> > improve their offerings, we would probably still be stuck with 386's
> > and 12mb. of memory. Somebody has got to push the envelope, and
>
> Oh, so micro$oft are responsible for the huge servers in my DC ? LOL what
> a load of rot.

Again, I do not comprehend what you are trying to convey. By the way, are
you an adult or a child?

--
Gerard