"not cached, timed out" in spam that scored 0.

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Feb 12 23:12:59 CET 2007

am.lists spake the following on 2/12/2007 1:59 PM:
> Scott:
>
> I felt the same way -- only seeing 3 timeouts, its probably ok to bump
> up the timeout, but wasn't sure where the setting was. If I had seen a
> bunch of timeouts, I'd be investigating what was causing the
> individual timeouts.
>
> I found the setting in /etc/MailScanner/mailscanner.conf...
>
> It was 75, I bumped it to 90.
>
> FWIW, I did the lint test of SA through MailWatch GUI to see if there
> were any apparent issues, the elapsed time on that comes in at
> 5.97865sec.  Having nothing to compare that to, is that good, bad,
> horrible, etc?
>
> Angelo
Not too bad. You probably are just getting an occasional timeout on an rbl
list. I think I went to 90 seconds a while back also.
I got about 3.33 sec. on a lint test, but since spamassassin 3.17 doesn't do
network tests anymore, that is just your servers response time. You need some
actual messages to get network times.
spamassassin -D <testmessage

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...