How to filter just incoming not outcoming emails?

Res res at ausics.net
Sun Feb 11 02:02:22 CET 2007

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007, correiob wrote:

> I think I don't have neither the need (nor the obligation) to filter / scan
> the outgoing emails. This is a task up to the users at their own desktops and
> networks. But I undertand I have to filter just the incoming emails.

Wrong...

You have an obligation to the rest of the internet to make sure your users
dont send spam/viruses.

Never rely on users to do it, because most wouldnt know how to, not to
mention all the 0 day worms out there that disable local antivirus then
go to work spamming.

Not to mention the far higher risk of your server being blacklisted
because it sends this crud.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie