How to filter just incoming not outcoming emails?

correiob correiob at yahoo.com.br
Sun Feb 11 01:37:24 CET 2007

Hi:

I have a Centos Linux, running Apache, Sendmail, Spam Assassin and
MailScanner. This Server is POP as well as SMTP for all the mailboxes
of my customers.

Actually, the SpamAssassin and MailScanner at this Server filters /
scan both, the emails that are being received and the emails that are
being sent as well. This is giving my Server a really heavy load.

I think I don't have neither the need (nor the obligation) to filter
/ scan the outgoing emails. This is a task up to the users at their
own desktops and networks. But I undertand I have to filter just the
incoming emails.

So, my question is: is it possible to set Sendmail / Mail Scanner  so
that just the incoming emails are scanned agains virus and sent to
Spam Assassin to be filtered? If so, please, tell me what to do. But,
please, tell me like a cooking recipe, because I am not quite
experienced with operating systems. Thanks a lot.

Mario./