Scanning for Spam

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Fri Feb 9 17:33:19 CET 2007

am.lists wrote:
>> I also meant to point out that your Bayes was only hitting 50% which add
>> nothing to the score.  Start feeding these emails into the Bayes
>> learning system, and it will start to match these emails.
>
> So, I guess that's the question.
>
> Is there a way to make Bayes learn this when it's not currently tagged
> as spam?

There are many many ways to make that happen depending on your network,
your policies, your users. We simply keep messages that we feel are spam
and once a day I ftp the mailbox up to my MS servers and run sa-learn on
them.

I can run through our Postmaster mailboxes and gleen 50 a day easily (we
have no spam scanning on postmaster or abuse). A simplistic approach,
but so far seems to be working. We may have to get serious about it
farther down the road.

DAve

> PS: I did get the additional SARE rules added to my rdj config. I hope
> the admins over there don't ban me since I've downloaded some files
> than 1x/day today. :-/
>
> Angelo

Veterans?