Message never gets out of mqueue.in

Richard Bollinger rabollinger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 17:00:39 CET 2007

On 2/8/07, Richard Bollinger <rabollinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

Working the bug further, I tried upgrading to the latest stable
MailScanner-4.58.9.  That didn't change anything, so I tried changing
TNEF processing to internal and it ran to completion... and I see the
problem.... maybe.

Using the external converter, it says the name of one of the
attachments is LOS_pdf1, and sure enough that is one of the files
broken out in the incoming folder before it does looking for LOS_pdf
(the name missing its last character).

read-open /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/12862/l17Bo8oL007167/LOS_pdf:
No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/MIME/Body.pm
line 435.
root at rb-ls1:~# ls /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/12862/l17Bo8oL007167
LOS_pdf1                 Untitled Attachment  msg-12862-2.txt
PBU Rev1 1 Feb,2007.xls  msg-12862-1.txt      msg-12862-3.txt

Using the internal converter, it runs to completion, calling that
attachment "LOS_pdf" (missing its last character).

Somewhere in the process, MailScanner is dropping the last byte of the
file name and thereby getting confused.  Looks like my temporary cure
is to use the internal TNEF converter.

Someone who groks perl better than I should be able to find the error now.

Thanks, Rich B