MailScanner w/Postfix and Postgrey Question on rejected messages

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 03:07:04 CET 2007

Unfortunately, the 1.1.5.5 is a NS cache that I can control, while the
2.2.6.6 and 2.2.7.7 are the ones provided by my co-lo facility. They
are also the ones that seem less reliable (shrug)... Now, I know the
difference between authoritative and cache dns servers, and these are
all caches that I point to, but my co-lo owns the reverse lookup on
their authoritative servers. My inbound SMTP usually is able to
successfully reverse-lookup my gateway's IP, but I've seen
historically a time in the 5am hour where the SMTP is getting
"received from unknown" where it should be saying "received from
mail-gw" --

I know, it's not the "correct" answer, but it's at least my reasoning.

I thought about turning on nscd. But I await feedback from those that
might see this first and either warn or praise the idea.

Angelo