OT: Automatic signature attached?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Feb 7 23:52:19 CET 2007

Garry Glendown spake the following on 2/7/2007 2:21 PM:
> due to law changes here in Germany, we have received inquiries about
> automatic adding of pre-specified signatures to outgoing mails. In one
> case, the customer mail server has to add one of four different
> signatures depending on the sender address domain ... does anybody have
> any pointer towards a tool that would allow something like this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -gg

Use this section of mailscanner.conf with a ruleset.

# Set where to find the HTML and text versions that will be added to the
# end of all clean messages, if "Sign Clean Messages" is set.
# These can also be the filenames of rulesets.
Inline HTML Signature = %report-dir%/inline.sig.html
Inline Text Signature = %report-dir%/inline.sig.txt
and enable sign clean messages.

Be prepared to have some problems with some signed mail, as it will sometimes
alter the message and break the signature.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and