Deliver SPAM too IMAP folder

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Mon Feb 5 15:17:51 CET 2007

Martin.Hepworth wrote:
> Depends on how good you perl is to write a custom function....
>
> MailScanner isn't either a MTA or a MDA...

It would involve supporting several different methods and possible
configurations, file locking issues, etc. - although I *think* it could
be done the way it is now - after a fashion.

What do I mean? Well, since you can "Archive Mail =" by ruleset, you can
selectively archive mail to an IMAP-readable folder - which is what I've
done for some clients. Of course, this would be an archive and not a
"delivery" per se - but you could set both spam and nonspam actions to
delete and *then* archive to an IMAP-readable folder on a user's home
directory (permissions permitting).

Wouldn't be much useful as a delivery method per se, but for archiving
it's quite handy.

Now, if the original poster meant "deliver *only spam* to an IMAP
folder", you could set spam actions to forward to a specific mailbox,
which would then be readable using IMAP.