Performance

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Feb 3 02:12:45 CET 2007

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, Glenn Steen wrote:

>> Yep, thats why early sendmail by default allowed it, back then you could
>> 'trust thy neighbour' when the influx of unstrustworthy no good lamers
>> started to pop up that changed (I think around '97) to not relay by
>> default. Like most things in life "if you abuse it, you lose it".
>>
> Early sendmail == early 80:ies.... UUCP anyone? Banged adresses (no,
> not fornication of any kind:-)... Those were the days.... not. Sure,

About 84/85 I think?

> there was a lot less things reminiscent of spam... but really, it

Naturally, after all back then the internet was only then starting to be a
public thing ('82?) and no bastard could afford it :)
ARPANET really did the hard yards earlier for about 10 (?) years earlier,
I think there was another around the same time but name escapes me.

> Many of you probably remember this more vividly than I:-D

If they do Glenn, it will I'm sure make at least yourself and I feel much
younger than we are :D

SO SPEAK UP someone :)

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie