Performance

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Feb 2 23:25:27 CET 2007

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, Jon Leeman wrote:

> Per some of Glenn's later posts...........anyone remember when open
> relay was the norm for MTA's {and SPAM was a in a tin}?  I inherited one
> (Netscape messenger 3.<something>) about 8 years ago.

Yep, thats why early sendmail by default allowed it, back then you could
'trust thy neighbour' when the influx of unstrustworthy no good lamers
started to pop up that changed (I think around '97) to not relay by
default. Like most things in life "if you abuse it, you lose it".

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie