Performance

Jon Leeman technician at cenpac.net.nr
Fri Feb 2 17:56:48 CET 2007

Res wrote:

<snip>

> Why on earth anyone would want to whitelist a domain because THAT
> domains admin is too clueless and incompetant to configure their machine
> correctly I'll never know.
>
> The solution is simple:
> 1: If its a host providor whinging...
>    Tell them no mail accepted until they fix their configuration
>    Tell them if they have no idea, to change root pass to somthing they
>    can then give you, you login and fix it for them at a cost of $XXXX.00
>    and you want to EFT receipt faxed to you prior to this.
> -OR-
> 2: If regular host client useing that host server, tell them to take
> their custom to a host providor who has a clue.
>

> It's just not acceptable to have our machines exposed to higher risk of
> spam or other malicous actions because THEY are dimwits.

Amen.

Per some of Glenn's later posts...........anyone remember when open
relay was the norm for MTA's {and SPAM was a in a tin}?  I inherited one
(Netscape messenger 3.<something>) about 8 years ago.

A regional Linux guru introduced me to PF (and eventually MS later on)
about 4 years ago.  At that time invoking PF *restrictions* meant that
most MTA's in the region were not able to get through to here.

Fortunately this has changed in what's known as PIC's (Pacific Island
Countries).

List, keep up the good work please and excuse my occassional OT comments.

Jon (Nauru 0450 local....temp. coolish at around 24 deg. C)