Need help, server running out of space!!

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Thu Feb 1 23:06:46 CET 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 07:46:16AM +1030, Peter Nitschke wrote:
> Have you checked your logs?

> On 1/02/2007 at 4:38 PM Eduardo Casarero wrote:
>
> >2007/2/1, Claude Gagné <claude.gagne at multitech.qc.ca>:
> >>
> >>  Empty the quarantine ?
> >>

> >i've already done that and now i have some air, but something is eating
> >space very quick and its not the quarantine.
> >

> >Eduardo Casarero a écrit :
> >>
> >> hi MS gurus i need your help. I run Mscanner with spamassasing on a
> >> HPDL380, with 1 scsi disk.
> >>
> >> mscanner MailScanner-4.55.10, sendmail

I have seen some circumstances in which a large file, while consuming
disk space, didn't show up in `ls -l` or in `du` while the process was
running that was writing to the file. You may have to stop MailScanner
and other tools to have a chance of seeing where the big file is. In
the worst case, you'll have to boot to single-user mode, mount the
disks in your fstab, and then examine them.

Good luck!

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea at mikea.ath.cx