Clamd and updates

UxBoD uxbod at splatnix.net
Sun Dec 30 12:35:45 GMT 2007

Hi,

Just noticed in my logfile :-

Dec 30 12:30:02 mailhub update.virus.scanners: Found generic installed
Dec 30 12:30:02 mailhub update.virus.scanners: Running autoupdate for generic
Dec 30 12:30:02 mailhub update.virus.scanners: Found esets installed
Dec 30 12:30:02 mailhub update.virus.scanners: Running autoupdate for esets
Dec 30 12:30:02 mailhub esets-autoupdate[11205]: esets updated

which shows that Clam is not being updated.  Now I guess that is because no wrapper exists for ClamD.  I appreciate I can run freshclam but how is this controlled through MS ?

Also, when I run a lint against my MS installation I get the following :-

[root at mailhub bin]# ./MailScanner --lint
Trying to setlogsock(unix)
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.66.2) is correct.

Your envelope_sender_header in spam.assassin.prefs.conf is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
SpamAssassin temp dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = esets clamd"
Found these virus scanners installed: esets, clamd
Virus Scanner test reports:
esets said "Found virus Eicar test file in eicar.com"

If any of your virus scanners (esets,clamd)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.

so eicar is being picked up via esets but not by clamd ????

Any thoughts or ideas ? TIA

Regards,

--[ UxBoD ]--
// PGP Key: "curl -s https://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: C759 8F52 1D17 B3C5 5854  36BD 1FB1 B02F 5DB5 687B
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net Key-ID: 0x5DB5687B
// Phone: +44 845 869 2749 SIP Phone: uxbod at sip.splatnix.net

believed to be clean.