top 100 spam sources

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Sun Dec 30 12:15:14 GMT 2007

On 30 Dec 2007, at 11:54, Arthur Sherman wrote:

>>> aut-num:        AS9116
>>> as-name:        GOLDENLINES-ASN
>>> descr:          Golden Lines Main Autonomous System
>>> descr:          Golden Lines International Communication
>> Services Ltd.
>>> descr:          Hasivim 25 Petach-Tikva, Israel
>>
>> And:
>>
>> 049	066		8551	BEZEQ-INTERNATIONAL-AS Bezeqint
>> Internet Backbone 	180.1M
>>

> Oops, missed them.
>
> They both well known as spammers here, especially the first, which is
> assumed to be the lousiest ISP in Israel.
>
> The problem is that the latter is probably biggest ISP here, they
> also own
> near 100% telephone lines.
> And I have a server colocated with them. :(
>
> Thanks for the tip!

Sadly it's always the biggest that seem to put least effort in. In
number 6 spot (I think it was there abouts) is BT (British Telecom)
the largest ISP in the UK, the company responsible for the majority of
the UK's copper, fibre and telephone exchanges, arguably one of the
largest network providers in the world... seem familiar.

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
content by Tiger Mail www.technologytiger.net/tigermail from Technology Tiger.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ