Quarantined emails by mistake - How to rescan?

David d1 at sonic.net
Sun Dec 30 07:02:39 GMT 2007

Hi Everyone-

I finally got MailScanner running on my CentOS4.4/Linux2.6.9-42.0.10.EL
("BlueQuartz" RAQ box) after struggling with having the updated version of
MailTools2+ installed instead of 1.77..

I made the mistake of setting the MailScanner.conf file option for spam
blacklists to "Is Definitely Spam = yes" which sent a days worth of emails
(many of them ham) to the quarantine folder. It worked quite well - no
spam in my inbox ;)

I've now changed back that option to "Is Definitely Spam = no" and I can
see from tailing the maillog that everything's working as it should (there
are some false positives, but I'll deal with that later).

How do I go about re-processing the emails in the quarantine folder by
MailScanner? None of these files contain the standard sendmail "df" and
"qf" filename formats, just file names like "lBU6qXDo005610". (I tried
copying them to the "mqueue" folder as well as the /MailScanner/incoming
folder to no avail.

Thanks for your help!

David