Easy-install ClamAV 0.92 and SpamAssassin 3.2.3

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Mon Dec 24 16:47:18 GMT 2007

Hi there --

I completed the small howto, and everything appears to have installed
successfully. I was able to restart MailScanner without any difficulty.

Just for my edification, what command(s) can I run to confirm the newer
versions appropriate upgrades have been put into place? Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Ehle, Roland
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2007 10:32 AM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: AW: Easy-install ClamAV 0.92 and SpamAssassin 3.2.3

Julian Field wrote:
> Mark Nienberg wrote:
> > Julian Field wrote:
> >>
> >> Fixed. thanks for spotting that one.
> >
> > When running the installer on a system that already has clamavmodule
> > 0.20 and spamassassin 3.2.3 installed, will the script rebuild and
> > install the patched clamavmodule and patched spamassassin or will it
> > just say "oh, good, module foo is already installed"?  I'm hoping it
> > will replace clamavmodule with one that works for clamav 0.92 and I'm
> > hoping it will replace my spamassassin 3.2.3 with the new patched
> > version of 3.2.3.
> Fair point, it will just say "oh good". I'll add a command-line "force"
> option to it or something. What's the best you of doing this, do you
> think? Just always force SA and Mail::ClamAV?

Hi everybody,

to keep Jules away from keyboard und have him taking a rest during the holidays,
a small howto.

If you have spamassassin 3.23 already installed follow these steps to install
the new patched version:

1. Download
http://www.mailscanner.info/files/4/install-Clam-0.92-SA-3.2.3.tar.gz
2. unpack the package and change to directory install-Clam-0.92-SA-3.2.3.tar.gz
3. change to subdirectory perl-tar
4. unpack Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.3.tar.gz
5. change to subdirectory Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.3
6. perl Makefile.PL
7. rm -f t/spamc*
8. rm -f t/spamd*
9. make
10. make test
11. make install

These steps are copied from the originall install.sh and functions.sh.

Merry Christmas to everybody here, especially to Jules and thank you very much
for you effort and work in 2007.

Regards,
Roland