3rd party clamav sigs

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Dec 22 22:40:44 GMT 2007

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:00:34 -0600
Ken A <ka at pacific.net> wrote:

[ snip ]

> Suggest you grab the new script. I didn't spend the time necessary to
> figure out why the old one was corrupting the db, but it appeared to
> be the problem, since when I just used wget and gunzip, the phish.ndb
> loaded fine.

I don't believe the script had anything to do with it, unless you had a
very old version. The original script did not check the file to insure
it was not corrupt; the newer versions do.

I have been receiving that same error sporadically myself. I analyzed
the files and even downloaded them manually myself. It seems that one
of the mirrors is distributing a corrupt file. Try downloading it four
or five times in successions, and at least one copy comes in at
something like 13 bytes or there about. Obviously bonked. Perhaps Steve
can look into this. It is beyond my field of influence.

Sometime next year, I will have a version that automatically retires
broken downloads. It won't be for awhile though. I'll post a notice
here when I get it completed.

--
Gerard