hold folder not getting processed

Guy Story KC5GOI kc5goi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 03:30:46 GMT 2007

I need some advice. I did an upgrade to 2.4.5 of postfix thursday, I am
using 4.46.2 of mailscanner. I have the header_checks pointing to the
header_check file for the HOLD. The mail goes to the hold  queue but stays
there. The logfile says mailscanner is working but you never see it scan and
the mail stays in the hold queue.

incoming mail queue points to /var/spool/postfix/hold. Postfix owns that
folder. Mailscanner is told to run as postfix. What could cause mailscanner
to not look at this folder for processing? I doubt this is a postfix issue
since the folder gets contents as it comes in

If I remove the entry in the postfix main.cf that moves mail to the hold
queue, mail is delivered.  That rules out postfix courier as the issue.  I
suspect a permissions issue but since the owner is postifx, I am at a loss
to explain this.

.

--
73