hold folder not getting processed

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Sat Dec 22 10:06:47 GMT 2007

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 09:48:14 +0100, Hugo van der Kooij
<hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:

> Guy Story KC5GOI wrote:
>> I need some advice. I did an upgrade to 2.4.5 of postfix thursday, I am
>> using 4.46.2 of mailscanner. I have the header_checks pointing to the
>> header_check file for the HOLD. The mail goes to the hold  queue but
>> stays there. The logfile says mailscanner is working but you never see
>> it scan and the mail stays in the hold queue.
>
> You went for the latest postfix but are running an older MailScanner. I
> guess you feel the obvious answer coming right around the corner.

> Upgrade MailScanner to a version that suports this version of postfix. I
> think that you will find that the latest version (4.65 at the moment)
> will work nicely.

And also have a read of the wiki here
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:installation
with particular attention to queue hash depths.

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
content by Tiger Mail www.technologytiger.net/tigermail from Technology Tiger.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ