need help blocking emails to non-existent users

Joey Marino joey.da3rd at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 22:02:21 GMT 2007

I am currently running a mailscanner box on centos using sendmail that
relays to my exchange server.  I am trying to block email to non-existent
users at the smtp level on the MX. I understand I have to somehow update
sendmail with existent users in the active directory possibly using ldap. I
can't seem to find any good documentation on how to do this. Many entries in
the archive point to http://www.mailscanner.info/serve/cache/270.html but
this doesn't exist anymore. I also found a sketchy bash script at
http://the-jer.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E4FBBD09FA146AF!128.entry but I
don't like this approach either. I want to do all the work on the gateway.
Can somebody point me to some good documentation or a healthy script that I
could use to accomplish this?

--
Joey Marino