OT Fedora in production (as nstallation Problem on Fedora Core 8)

dnsadmin 1bigthink.com dnsadmin at 1bigthink.com
Fri Dec 14 19:49:55 GMT 2007

At 07:56 AM 12/14/2007, you wrote:

>Richard Potter wrote:
>>On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 04:44:12PM +0000, Greg Matthews wrote:
>>I'm amazed at the length of this thread :-) I had something to do
>>with it early on, as I replied at least once.
>
>You can be sure I will not give OS choice advice anymore here...
>
>Ugo

I skipped a lot of this discussion as soon as it started disappearing
into the murk of back-n-forth 'my OS is better than yours' ; to which
most often these sort of discussions devolve.

However, I value the opinions and facts (much more often than not) on
this group, and have had to jump-ship on my OS once (RedHat to
CentOS) and almost twice (CentOS to Ubuntu when a CentOS rpm update
around CentOS 3.8 broke one of my productions servers).

I will continue to read such threads until the back-n-forth
de-evolution transpires. I will also continue to test OS in hopes of
either having a backup plan or a better ship to jump!

Cheers,
Glenn

believed to be clean.