mailscanner won't scan

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 18:00:03 GMT 2007

On 14/12/2007, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/12/2007, shuttlebox <shuttlebox at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 14, 2007 6:11 PM, Serhan Sevim <serhan at medianova.tv> wrote:
> > > Dec 13 19:28:18 server MailScanner[6081]: Using locktype = flock
> > >
> > > Times 5 for each MailScanner process. I've checked everything working ok,
> > > emails are accepted ok, except one thing.. well, It seems like MailScanner
> > > doesn't even notice the emails are being received. It doesn't scan it, it
> > > doesn't tag it, no virus scans, no nothing.. Emails are slipping thru
> > > without even MailScanner knows it. Email server is running on the same
> > > server as MailScanner, so it can't be a by-pass problem either.
> > > It's currently running on default spamassassin and clamav.
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > How is your MTA set up? Does it really queue-only incoming mail? Or
> > does it deliver mail from the same queue before MailScanner can get to
> > them? If the two queues are completely separate I would look into
> > locking issues (locktype=flock|posix) next.
> >
> Guys, shouldn't we ask "What MTA?", first?:-):-) After all... Only
> R^HSendmau^Hil have the locking problem.... :-)
> So... MTA and version, pretty please?
>
> Cheers
Oh and tell some more about OS etc and we'll likely be able to be
pretty ... detailed.
What we're all suspecting is that you've either skipped some steps in
the setup instructions... or perhaps followed some outdated howto, or
similar. So that you still have the "non-MailScanner" MTA running,
thus bypassing MS altogether... Logs and headers (or rather... absence
of MailScanner-specific headers) are clear signs of such a problem.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn