AW: requeueing / resending archived emails

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 19:14:59 GMT 2007

On 13/12/2007, Mikael Syska <mikael at syska.dk> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Glenn Steen wrote:
> > On 12/12/2007, Mikael Syska <mikael at syska.dk> wrote:
> >
> >> Same thing ... :-)
> >>
> >> I'm running postfix on the server ... not the other way around :-) ( I
> >> know what you mean )
> >>
> >> Still looking for the answer ... and I will ofcause post here if I find
> >> it ... just have more important things to do at the moment.
> >>
> >> // ouT
> >>

> > The hints needed are in the wiki... If your archive consists of queue
> > files, all needed info (recipient(s) etc) is in that file... So use
> > the information in
> > http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:how_to:release_quarantined_mail#releasing_mail_from_the_quarantine_-_queue_files
> > (all one link on one line:-), amended with the fact that the files
> > aren't in the quarantine, but rather the archive... Simple
> > enough?!:-).
> >
> > Cheers
> > --
> > -- Glenn
> >
> Thanks for the note on that one.
>
> When using:
> "Releasing mail from the quarantine - message files"
>
> sendmail -i -t < meesageid
So "file messageid" reports it as RFC822 text (or similar)? Good.

> Its gets send from the current account I'm logged onto as ... and yes,
> ofcause, but I can't seem to find a way to read the sender address, so
> it gets resend as the original user who send the message ...
Eh? In MailWatch you have the message id... and the envelope sender...
Right? So a simple SQL scriptlet would get you that... If you mind the
clickety-click cut'n'paste:-):-)
Or am I misunderstanding this somehow? That it'd look like
root at yourhost.yourdomain.com in MW when sent doesn't matter much, the
user will just see whatever there is in the header From: anyway... So
that shouldn't matter much...

> >> Bundschu
> [snip]
>
> // ouT