mailscanner 4.66.4-3 reccomendation

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Dec 12 19:27:25 GMT 2007

on 12/11/2007 5:30 PM James N. Smith spake the following:
> Need some advice from the list.  I am doing a new install based on
> CentOS 5.1.  I have run into the MailTools v.2 problem trying to run
> MailScanner 4.65.3-1.
>
> Is it recommended to use the MailScanner 4.66.4-3 Beta with MailTools
> 2.02 or try to revert to an older version of MailTools and use the
> stable MailScanner?
>
> More specifically, is 4.66.4-3 a reliable beta (more akin to a Release
> Candidate) or is it more "buyer beware"?

If you are afraid of the term beta in its name, then revert to the 1.xx
mailtools. But Julian's betas are usually very stable, and most of the time if
he is concerned, you will see a request for testing in the release
announcement, or problem reports within hours of the release.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and