Spam Mail Being Delivered To A Spam Folder

Al Cooper cooper at hmcnetworks.com
Wed Dec 12 19:55:41 GMT 2007

Hi All,

I upgraded to a new mail server (CentOS 5) a few months ago and installed
MailScanner version 4.63.8 & Spamassassin version 3.2.3 (with mostly default
settings).  Ever since the upgrade, email that is tagged as spam is being
delivered to a user level spam file, which most of my customers love.
However one of my domains would like to receive all their email including
email tagged as spam.

I have a few of questions:

1. Where in the conf is the setting that is causing spam to go into the user
level spam file?
My MailScanner.conf spam delivery options are set as:
Spam Actions = deliver header "X-Spam-Status: Yes"
High Scoring Spam Actions = deliver header "X-Spam-Status: Yes"

2. Is it possible to have spam for just one domain delivered to the user's
mbox, but all other domains deliver to the user's spam file? And if yes,
how?

3. Since the spam files are getting rather large and messing with my quotas,
does anyone have a script that will delete mail in the spam file after a
specified number of days?

Thanks for your help,

believed to be clean.