OT Fedora in production (as nstallation Problem on Fedora Core8)

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Wed Dec 12 16:10:53 GMT 2007

 >>I'm glad that MailScanner has a policy of regular releases with new
features, I'd hate to be stuck with the last "stable" version that was
perhaps five years old!

You really are missing the point.

Its the quality of the release not the quantity.

And Fedora releases are not the same stable quality as RHEL or CentOS,
if you read  the mail list you will note the original poster fixed the
problem by using CentOS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q.E.D.

You mistake the freqency of release with the stability of the product.
Fedora could release every day but it still wouldn't be the production
stable platform.

Think about it like this, if your very life depended on the stability of
an OS, where one hiccup or reboot or software failure would cause you to
die a slow and painful death, would you rather the machine deciding your
fate ran Centos/RHEL or Fedora Core 8.

If your answer is the latter (which I think you would choose just for
effect), then perhaps you should just shoot yourself now  ;-)

regards

Pete

http://www.enhancion.net