Installation Problem on Fedora Core 8

Anthony Cartmell ajcartmell at fonant.com
Tue Dec 11 09:06:50 GMT 2007

> Whatever the case, Ugo's advice was the best. Fedora has a purpose, but
> not as a mail server of any importance IMHO.

In my experience, as a smallish volume provider, Fedora works fine as a
mail server, although as with any OS it's worth waiting for major versions
to settle down.

ISTR that there were a lot of posts here recently about problems with
MailScanner on CentOS, a "more stable" OS than Fedora, and about the
wonderful long-term stability of Solaris, meaning that people can run very
old versions of software. Each OS has its own problems.

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites