junk folder problem

Anthony Cartmell ajcartmell at fonant.com
Mon Dec 10 17:56:55 GMT 2007

> I Have one school in particular that says many clean messages end up in
> Outlook, and Thunderbird junk folders. They feel the problem started
> after
> we began to scan their mail for them. Is this possible?

Yes, possibly, if MailScanner is modifying the messages in a manner that
Outlook or Thunderbird think is spammy.

Getting lots of ham and no spam might be throwing their learning filters
off?

Having said that I've never had any problems with Opera's learning spam
filter.

> If so, what can be done about it?

You'd have to look at the characteristics of the junked messages to find
out, to see if there's anything they have in common.

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites