clamscan --debug output

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Dec 10 12:48:41 GMT 2007

I noticed when using clamscan --debug I get output like
LibClamAV debug: Signature offset: 52156282, expected: 0
(Exploit.CVE_2007_0038).
It may produce hundreds of this kind of message (depending on the
directory I'm in as it is scanning the content of it).
Scanning seems to be working fine, though. Is this something to worry
about? I wonder if this happens when it finds a fake signature start and
can't find the next offset where the real malware would continue?
Best to do in an empty directory if I just want to have the info?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany