Beta release 4.66.3 and MIME-tools

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Dec 10 10:32:06 GMT 2007

Julian Field wrote on Sun, 09 Dec 2007 20:59:39 +0000:

> All advice on how to solve the problems with File::Temp are much
> appreciated. Should I just go back to forcing installation of modules on
> RedHat 5 again?

No. The big question for me is: Why do you force that MIME-tools
installation? I have always avoided your "special" package and haven't seen
problems with the MIME-tools that were coming with the system.

> Without installing the latest perl-File-Temp, the requirements of
> perl-MIME-tools are not met.

I find this rather scary. Why would you want to force us to always use the
latest libraries? There are good reasons why people may not want to upgrade
the existing perl modules they have on the system, with the exception of
official security fixes. MailScanner, even new versions, has been working
reliably on older systems in the past. This would change it.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany